Underground Induction Training Course
Underground induction Course which can be tailor to suit either tunnelling or underground mining.
Training Course Content
US: 7146 Demonstrate basic knowledge and ability required to work in an underground operation Level 2 Credits 6.
- Identify the requirements of the HSW Act and relevant regulations to work in an underground operation.
- DKO and examine a self-rescuer.
- DKO cap lamps, and check and prepare a cap lamp.
- DKO the function of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Describe safety measures for systems that supply energy to machinery and equipment, and demonstrate the safe isolation of energy systems, in an underground operation.
- DKO personnel security, personnel accounting, navigation, and emergency procedures in an underground operation.
- Describe basic ventilation principles and practices for an underground operation.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of gases found in underground operations.
- DKO unsupported ground and the purpose of scaling.
US: 3271 Suppress fire with hand extinguishers and fixed hose reels Level 2 Credits 1.
- DKO the fire classes and fire suppression techniques.
- Select and implement a strategy to deal with fire.
|Numbers||Up to a maximum of 12 participants. Additional numbers must be agreed in advance by Mines Rescue and will incur additional assessment and reporting charges and may affect length of training days.|
|Facilities & Equipment||Can be provided on your work site or at the Mines Rescue Station.
All participants to attend with all personal protection equipment as required by the site.
|Compliance with Regulations||Meets requirements of HSWA Mining Regulation and Quarrying Regulations 2016.|
|Cost||$3700.00 GST Excl.
Costs include all travel, learning materials, assessment, certificates and reporting.
Register your interest for this training now!For more information contact our Commercial Training Manager:
Phone: (03) 762 7828 Enquire about this course